LUNA MEDIA GROUP LLC respects your right to privacy and takes it very seriously.
Luna Media operates an advertising marketplace that offers advertising solutions to publishers and advertisers in Europe, the United States, Latin America and Asia.
Publishers use Luna Media’s advertising solutions to monetize their ad spaces either directly or through Luna Media advertising demand including other advertising buyer partners.
Advertisers or their intermediaries (e.g. media agencies) display their advertising campaigns through Luna Media advertising solutions on the websites or apps of our publishing partners.
Luna Media’s advertising technology uses data to help make online advertising more relevant as well as for ad delivery and reporting purposes.
Luna Media Group recognizes the importance of privacy and is committed to providing transparency and control over the use of the data in online advertising.
As used herein, “personal data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Luna Media Group customer or consumer or his or her household.
Luna Media does not collect or process information such as (i) name, user address, place of work, date of birth, email address, or phone number, (ii) hardware-based identifiers such as UDID or MAC Address or (iii) sensitive targeting categories as defined by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) in the European Economic Area (EEA) and under other applicable law (e.g. religion, political opinion, health).
In order to best deliver personalized ads as well as non-personalized ads, Luna Media utilizes the following 3 methods to recognize users depending on the device they use, whether they access our Services on web or mobile, and operating system:
- Cookie-based Identification: Luna Media uses a cookie on the user web and/or mobile browser. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers, created on your device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Cookies help to identify a user and store a randomly generated identifier to identify his or her browser across visits.
- Cookie-less Identification: For browsers in which cookies are not allowed to be dropped, Luna Media uses an identification methodology based on IP address non-reversible encryption, browser, and device characteristics. This method allows Luna Media to better identify a user in order to provide the same level of services, such as reporting and targeting information to users, segmenting users, and capping the number of times the same ad is shown to the same user.
- Advertising ID: Luna Media uses its software development kit (“SDK”) technology to identify your advertising ID for mobile applications. For Google Android operating system, we use the Google Advertising ID and for Apple iOS the IDFA.
What information do we collect?
We do not collect information about you directly, but we collect data through our web tags on publisher web pages, or through our SDK within publisher mobile apps. We also automatically collect the information listed below about your use of our Services through tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, beacons, and embedded scripts. These tools help us collect and measure session information, time spent on certain pages, and page interaction information.
- Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID for inApp.
- Geolocation data:
- On web and web mobile, we collect non-precise location information at the country and/or city level that are derived from user IP Address.
- Precise Geolocation data: On mobile apps, when a user opts-in for Geo Location on the publisher’s app, precise user geolocation (latitude / longitude) might be transferred to Luna Media’s SDK by the mobile app, but this data is neither stored nor used by Luna Media.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information:
- Page URL
- Browser Information (e.g. Browser name and version)
- Device Information (e.g. Device type, OS)
- Network carrier information (e.g. Wifi, 4G or Wired connection)
- Mobile application information (e.g. Application name or IDFA)
- User Interactions with ads
We use the information we collect for various business and commercial purposes, including those described below:
- Target advertising: We use the data to filter ad delivery according to the user profile, such as his interests, location, device used or page content;
- User frequency Capping: We use data to prevent displaying the same ad to the same user too many times;
- Analyzing traffic and user interactions: We use data for monitoring and reporting the campaign delivery for advertisers and publishers and for internal business analysis;
- Delivering ads: We may transmit part of the user profile to programmatic buyers so that they can deliver their advertising campaigns;
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services: We use data to improve our Services and technology, including training our ad delivery algorithms;
- Cross device experience: We use data to provide a consolidated experience through a user’s different device or browser environments, and we may link the Luna identifiers on the different browsers and environments the user is using;
- Providing customer service: We may use data to resolve disputes, feedback, or other issues related to our Services;
Debugging, identifying, and repairing errors: We may use data to fix issues that impair the functionality of our Services;
Protecting the rights and property of Luna and Complying with Law: We may use data to protect our rights and property and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements; and
- Carry out certain short-term activities: We may use data for other short-term, reasonable internal purposes related to our Services or your ongoing relationship with us.
Insights: We may use the data to deliver aggregated insights, at advertising campaign or market levels.Sale of Personal Information.
Luna uses data to serve clients and combines such data with other information to enhance its products and services. Such use may be considered a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”). As Luna uses and combines data it receives with other information to help enhance its products and services, Luna considers itself a third party for CCPA purposes.Advertisers (and their intermediaries) and publishers that work with Luna should include a “Do Not Sell” link on their website(s) to comply with the CCPA as interpreted by the California Attorney General.
Luna Media retains the data linked to a user for up to 12 months from the date of collection.
For financial and statistical reasons, Luna Media may also store aggregated and non-personal data for a longer period than 12 months.
For matters of security, user’s IP address is stored in a private security log for a period of 4 months.
Luna Media’s cookie is kept up to 365 days after the last user interaction with our services.
Luna Media uses generally accepted industry security standards to protect data.
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information we collect from unauthorized access, exfiltration, theft, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand that no data security measures can guarantee security.
Alterations to our Privacy Notice
If we change this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes on this page.
How to reach us
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or your privacy rights you may contact us at email@example.com